Parents of the kidnapped Nigerian girls tried to pull them out of school before they were transferred

Parents of the kidnapped Nigerian girls tried to pull them out of school before they were transferred

ABUJA, Nigeria – Days before gunmen stormed a secondary school in Zamfara state in northwestern Nigeria and kidnapped hundreds of schoolgirls, school authorities and local security agencies were warned of a looming danger in the city, particularly in the area where the school is located, according to residents. Local.

On Friday, heavily armed gunmen kidnapped at least 315 girls who were residents of the Government Secondary School for Girls in Gangbei town. The gunmen arrived on motorbikes around 1:30 a.m. local time and walked the kidnapped girls into the nearby woods, leaving the victims’ families distraught and anxious. Residents said that “strange men” were patrolling the school area and intimidating community members in the vicinity of the school days before the kidnappings occurred.

Suddenly we saw strange men in the street [leading to the Government Girls’ Secondary School] “At night, they act as if there are guards,” Danlami Omar, who lives near the school, told The Daily Beast. “They would stop pedestrians and ask them where they were going.”

The men had been occupying the neighborhood around the school for two days prior to the accident, harassing passers-by and prompting residents to alert police officials to their activities.

Written By
More from Aygen Oswald

Covid ended the alpine skiing season – with one exception

(CNN) – France’s recent decision to shut down ski lifts due to...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *