The Douglas County Department of Health says the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths was a mistake

The Douglas County Department of Health says the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths was a mistake

The Douglas County Health Department says the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths was a mistake



James: Take you. The Douglas County Health Department is investigating a case involving the reporting of COVID-19-related deaths in the county. In the past 24 hours, the state has reported 108 new coronavirus-related deaths on its dashboard. At this morning’s news conference, Gov. Pete Rickett said 92 of those came from Douglas County. We checked with the health department, and they told KITV that these deaths were not caused by COVID-19. We are looking into this and will provide you with updates as soon as we have them. Douglas County is working on a method you can enroll in the COVID-19 vaccine as it prepares to vaccinate 75 and over. In order to avoid Free for All, the Ministry of Health says it is working on a method to register for the vaccine online or by phone. This week, Douglas County Health Service is now providing daily updates when it’s time to get the shots and what you need to do. Among Nebrasians 75 and older, DHHS says there are 130,000 people in Stage 1B Category 1. With 27,000 to 30,000 living in Douglas County in their own homes or independent living facilities. DHHS says it also works directly with agencies that track senior citizens. >> Allowances will definitely increase, and we may have access to additional products. Hence when that happens, things will happen more quickly and will be more widely distributed. James: State and local health departments say website registration will not be ready for about two weeks. During today’s COVID-19 press conference, Governor Rickett also spoke about distributing vaccines across Nebraska. Up to 55,000 Nebrasans received the first dose. About 4,600 both were obtained. The governor says the first dosing phase will take a little longer because they cannot risk the large number of nurses experiencing side effects. >> With health systems, you have to schedule this in some way so you’re getting started with it. So if someone has a fever, he gets one of the side effects like that and can’t come to work the next day, you don’t make a complete change of nurses. James: Vice President Pence got his second shot. President Trump did not receive any dose. Official Public Health Court of Accounts

READ  Merkel is open to Russian production of Sputnik in the European Union

The Douglas County Health Department says the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths was a mistake


Douglas County Health Department officials said Friday that the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths on the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services dashboard was a mistake. Ricketts Governor confirmed that nearly 100 deaths were reported overnight and that 92 of them were from Douglas County. Douglas County health officials said these deaths were not the COVID-19 deaths. Phil Rooney, a resource specialist with the Douglas County Department of Health, said the deaths were of people who had previously contracted COVID-19 but died from something else. “The intent was to confirm that while they may have had the disease at some point, it was not the cause of death and they were not listed on their death certificates. Because of human error, they were mistakenly entered into the state surveillance system for Covid-related deaths. -19 “. “In Douglas County, deaths are only reported as related to COVID-19 when a treating physician or county police judge lists COVID-19 as the primary cause of death or as a contributing cause of death, and there is a positive COVID-19 test recorded.” DCHD is in the process of correcting this error.

Douglas County Health Department officials said Friday that the sudden spike in COVID-19 deaths on the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services dashboard was a mistake.

Ricketts Governor confirmed that nearly 100 deaths were reported overnight and that 92 of them were from Douglas County.

READ  Philippine typhoon: at least ten dead as Goni affected more than two million people

Douglas County health officials said these deaths were not the COVID-19 deaths. Phil Rooney, a resource specialist with the Douglas County Department of Health, said the deaths were of people who had previously contracted COVID-19 but died from something else.

“The intent was to confirm that while they may have had the disease at some point, it was not the cause of death and they were not listed on their death certificates. Because of human error, they were mistakenly entered into the state surveillance system for Covid-related deaths. -19 “. “In Douglas County, deaths are only reported as related to COVID-19 when a treating physician or county police judge lists COVID-19 as the primary cause of death or as a contributing cause of death, and there is a positive COVID-19 test recorded.”

DCHD is in the process of correcting this error.

Written By
More from Aygen Oswald

NBA players, Pope Francis meet to talk about social justice

In an unprecedented meeting, a delegation of five NBA players and several...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *