- President-elect Joe Biden received votes in Wisconsin after Trump’s election campaign called for a recount earlier this month.
- Milwaukee County, one of the most populous counties in the state, found on Friday that out of nearly 460,000 votes cast, Biden netted 132 votes.
- The Trump administration spent $ 3 million requesting two recounts in Milwaukee and Dane counties, both of which have large numbers of Democratic voters.
- Dane County is expected to announce its recount results on Sunday.
- Trump kept pushing unproven claims of widespread election fraud.
- Visit the Business Insider home page for more stories.
President-elect Joe Biden received votes in Wisconsin’s largest county on Friday after Trump’s election campaign earlier this month called for a recount.
The Trump administration spent $ 3 million request two recounts in Milwaukee and Dane counties after President Wisconsin lost to Biden by over 20,000 votes.
But Milwaukee County’s electoral officials completed their recount on Friday and found that Biden actually got a net gain of 132 votes from nearly 460,000 votes cast.
This further increased Biden’s profit margin, which received a total of 257 votes against Trump’s 125.
Milwaukee County Administrator George Christenson said Friday, “The recount shows what we already know: the Milwaukee County’s elections are fair, transparent, accurate and secure.” according to Reuters.
Dane County is expected to announce its recount results on Sunday. Both Milwaukee and Dane are two of the most populous counties in Wisconsin and have large numbers of Democratic voters.
Trump is still expected to legally challenge the overall Wisconsin result, but the window of opportunity is slowly closing as the state will confirm its final result on Tuesday.
Certification is provided by the non-partisan Democratic Chair of the Wisconsin Election Commission.
Trump kept pushing unproven claims of widespread election fraud while his election campaign continues to submit legal challenges in several states.
A U.S. election officer appointed by the President previously told Insider in an interview that there is “no evidence of widespread electoral fraud” and that the President’s claim “violates the fabric of our nation”.
Trump’s legal team suffered another defeat in Pennsylvania on Friday after a federal appeals court denied the campaign’s recent attempt to question the state’s election results. the Associated Press reported.
Meanwhile in Key Swing State of Georgia – which Biden won – The president’s unsubstantiated claims have affected other Republicans Anyone who believes his comments could hamper the party’s efforts to maintain control of the Senate.
Biden won the referendum by 4 percentage points, 51% to 47%, according to Decision Desk HQ data released by Insider.